21 May 2012
We designed and developed the new Engineers Ireland website at engineersireland.ie
With almost 24,000 members from every discipline of engineering, Engineers Ireland is the voice of the engineering profession in Ireland. The new website is a key resource for providing information and services to the general public, registered and prospective members, students and media outlets.
Features of the new website include:
- Event management – event calendars, user-submitted events, online booking with tiered pricing.
- User profiles – each of the 24,000 members has a unique editable user profile. Signing in to the website provides access to privileged content.
- Membership application and renewals – online processing of membership application forms and subscription fee payments.
- Rich media content – video gallery, web casts, press archive, twitter integration
- Recruitment advertising portal – agents can pay to advertise job openings.
A priority of this project for Engineers Ireland was to integrate all online processes with their back-office member management software. X Communications worked closely with Version 1 to design and implement a two-way integration solution to synchronise data for member profiles, member payments, event content and event bookings.
The website was built using the Kentico CMS web platform. This content management system provides the organisation with all the tools required for managing their web presence in the future. With its intuitive interface, extensibility and scalable architecture, it proved the right choice for a site with many competing concerns.
You can view the website here: www.engineersireland.ie